When you meet someone what is the first thing you notice about them? Their skin. It is one of the most important organs.
Beautiful skin is a major element that makes a person attractive. Good skin will not only enhance your beauty but give you the confidence to lead your life the way you want.
Every one of us wants flawless skin. How do we try to achieve it? We spend a lot of our earnings on cosmetics and beauty products, but do those products really work? Have you achieved your goal of having flawless skin, yet? Instead of relying on these beauty products, why not try some of these beauty remedies using household ingredients to get healthy and glowing skin.
1. Home remedies for clear skin- Lemon
There is so much good a lemon can do to your skin. Lemon helps to clear up your skin. It
contains citric acid, which helps in removing dead skin cells and its vitamin C content is very helpful at reducing dark spots.
Its bleaching property helps improve the skins overall complexion. So, how do you apply lemon to your skin?
- Squeeze a fresh lemon and apply it all over your face and neck. After leaving it on for 10-15 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process daily.
- Take two teaspoons of sugar and add in the juice of one full lemon. Scrub the mixture in a circular motion. After 10 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can follow this on a weekly basis.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and add in a tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture and leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat this twice a week to enjoy healthy skin.
2. Home remedies for clear skin- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is another highly beneficial ingredient to your skin. Got a really bad sunburn or a rash? Use the Aloe Vera to ease your pain and inflammation.
Aloe Vera contains antibacterial properties that help in killing bacteria which is one of the main causes of acne. It helps in soothing irritated skin and healing scars. It also acts as a moisturizer and helps in the growth of new skin cells. Here is how to apply Aloe Vera.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and extract the gel from it. To extract the get from aloe, cut the aloe leaf in half and scrape out the gel from it. Apply the gel all over your face, with a cotton ball. Allow the gel to dry for an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This remedy can be followed several times a week.
- Take a teaspoon of Whole Cream Milk, egg yolk, and Aloe Vera. Mix it. Apply the mixture and leave it for a good 20-25 minutes and then, rinse it off. You can repeat this process every week.
3. Home remedies for clear skin- Cucumber
Cucumber works wonder for your skin. It contains vitamin C and caffeic acid, which hydrates and nourishes your skin to make all your redness and puffiness go away.
It also helps in repairing your damaged skin cells that will leave your skin glowing. Below are some cucumber remedies.
- When youre about to go to bed, rub slices of cucumber to your face. After leaving it on overnight, rinse it off with warm water the next day.
- Take a teaspoon of cucumber and lemon juice. Mix it. Apply the mixture to your face. After it dries, rinse it off with warm water. You can repeat this process daily.
4. Home remedies for clear skin- Honey
Honey is very good when it comes to moisturizing. Honey gives a glow to your skin and prevents your skin from flaking. It also has antibacterial properties that help to heal infections. Use these tips for beautiful skin.
- Take a teaspoon of honey and apply it to your skin. Let it dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily.
- Mix two tablespoons of milk, a teaspoon of honey, and gram flour and mix it well to make a mask. Apply the mixture all over your face and wash off with warm water after 20 minutes. You can use this face mask once every week.
- Take a tablespoon of honey and mix with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply this on your face and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. After that, wash your face with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy twice a week.
5. Home remedies for clear skin- Baking Soda
Baking soda is an excellent exfoliant. It helps to remove dead skin cells and clear up pores. It also cleans your skin by balancing the pH level of your skin.
It contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that heal acne. Treat your skin better by using these baking soda remedies.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and water. Mix it well to form a paste. Apply the paste gently to your skin and leave it to dry. After it dries, rinse it off with lukewarm water. This remedy can be followed by thrice a week.
- Take one-fourth of a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with organic apple cider vinegar. Apply the paste with a cotton ball and wash off after 10-15 minutes. Use this remedy every 15 days.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a tablespoon of honey. Damp your face and apply the mixture. Massage gently for a minute and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Splash cold water on your face to close the pores. Repeat this every week.
6. Home remedies for clear skin- Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the best skin-benefiting ingredients that act as an exfoliating agent. Turmeric also helps to defeat the signs of aging. It acts as an outstanding antiseptic and a skin-lightener which helps in minimizing scars.
Turmeric is useful in alleviating allergies and infectious skin. Below are the remedies.
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and lemon juice. Mix it well. Apply the paste on your skin and leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off. This process can be repeated thrice a week.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with a tablespoon of pineapple juice. Apply the mixture onto your face and neck and, wash off after 15 minutes. Use this remedy thrice a week to reduce spots.
- Mix equal amounts of turmeric powder and gram flour with enough milk to form a paste. Apply the paste evenly to your skin and once it dries off completely, rinse it. This remedy can be followed once a week to remove scars and lighten skin.
7. Home remedies for clear skin- Tomato
Tomato will keep you young. It has anti-aging properties that will act as your shield to the sun. It also contains anti-oxidant which helps in clearing up your skin.
Eat it or make a paste out of it. It is beneficial either way. It reduces pores, acne, and sunburn. Follow the remedies below.
- Blend half tomato into a puree and combine it with half a tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture using a cotton ball. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. This can be done on a daily basis.
- Blend tomato and stir in honey. Apply the mixture onto your skin and let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Follow this thrice a week.